Easy, people! Easy is the new black. Here in Massachusetts, most of the summer cooking needs to be quick, and easy. Us Mass-holes need to save every bit of our measly 3 month summer, and we do this by trimming time off cooking.
Here is my twist of a young new popular appetizer on the rise, struggling to make it in the big world of salsa’s and Tex-Mex dips:
Curry Bean Dip –
In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I like heat. So tailor this dip to your preferences, or man-up.
- 1 14-16oz can white beans (i should have named my blog ‘canned beans’ diaries)
- 1 tablespoon spicy curry POWDER (i love Spice Islands Spicy Curry Dip)
- 1/2 sm-med red onion
- 1/2 parsley bunch, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in halves
- 1/4 cup EV Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice/ lemon zest for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- black pepper to taste
~Pita Chips can be made by throwing Sliced Pita Bread in oven drizzled with Olive Oil for 10 minutes with salt/pepper. Or you can eat these with regular chips, I recommend Stacy Pita Chips.
- rinse beans well under water.
- Throw everything into food processor.
- blend until smooth, zest a little lemon in bowl and Enjoy!