…For Steph, who loves tabouli.
I used to chop the parsley by hand, but that eventually makes you so aggravated that you hate tabouli and everything it stands for…but my mom is a hand-chopper. Always has been, always will be. So for this recipe, we’ll chop the tabouli by hand.
With that being said, your guests will respect you no matter how you chose to make it, because tabouli is delicious.
- 2 bunches parsley (I prefer flat)- WASH VERY WELL, and mince.
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup bulgar, cracked wheat
- 3 tomatoes, must be ripe
- 1 small cucumber, diced (peeled or semi-peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- before you start chopping, soak the bulgar in warm water, preferably boiling water, for about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix all oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt together. Add parsley and scallions. drain bulgar well, add with cucumbers and tomatoes. Mix all together; add more salt if needed.
- put in fridge for at least 40 minutes seriously! tabouli tastes 10X better once the flavors have gotten to know one another.
*always eat with a friend who will tell you that you have parsley in your teeth. Otherwise eat alone.